(¯`*from..to..*´¯)~Feel like writing down something u wanna say 2 someone?

mẹ tổ sư :)) ghét à :)) ra cái đếch j mà chửi ng khác :)) bản thân minh khốn nạn bỏ *** ra mà cứ tưởng hay :))

@em
em! thôi ngay nhé! [-x [-(
cảm ơn em nhưng mà thôi ngay! :))
that's enough drama for high school =))
@@@
eo quảng cáo muộn thế, hết hạn rồi mới quảng cáo ư =))
@vi + lanh
thanks >:-D< for showing up on time :x
will there be an admission officer? ;;) 8-> :">

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Ngàn thôi đi ý Ngàn ko type bài post sau em thì đứa chó nào biết em chửi ai =))=))=)) e cứ chửi đấy đứa nào thấy mình khốn nạn thì nhận :|

giời ời tôi bảo cô thôi cô có thôi k :| =)) thôi nhé, mình nói nghiêm túc đấy ;)

@Em
Thanks em :p Khiếp đọc off của em xong tỉnh cả người :))
Xem ra chị k lầm khi nhận em là em zai ;)) :p
Em cũng cố gắng nhìn đời lạc quan lên đi :p với cả nhớ xem just my luck ;)
>:-D< :*

Mình tưởng cô Lan hương là Hân học thêm :((
Sao ko ai báo mình :(
Mà có báo mình cũng ko đi đc :">

Thôi tuần sau đi bù vậy :">
@ 2 bạn
thanks nhá :* hôm nay vui :x :p
@ 2 anh chị :">
you're sooo sweet :x >:-D<

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
thứ nhất : dạo này cực kì bực mình cái tội thiếu ngủ mà có time thì lại ko ngủ đc vì rửa mặt mũi sạch sẽ xong lên giường thì mắt lại thao láo như mắt cáo :|

thứ hai : đời dạo này sao cứ bình bình chả có ups and downs, hơi bị chán :"> cơ mà kể ra cũng thanh thản đầu óc :">

thứ ba : cút đi :)) đừng đụng vào mình :)) để cho mình đc yên thân mà hưởng thụ cuộc sống :))

Thứ nhất: congrats on your new cell phone :x :x :x hope you'll like it :x btw, i've had a crush with that purple 6600 fold :(( oh money money :((
love :*

Thứ hai: làm ăn vớ vẩn thế :-j

Thứ ba: having more time to take care of my friends >:-D< yeah :x

I came across this oiece of writing today. It's Craig's writing. Hope that everyone in SAT TA will like it. :x
Miss the time we spent there 8->

Young people often ask me questions about love. Apparently, being a fairly old guy who has lived on both sides of the planet gives me some expertise on the subject. Or maybe people just ask everyone and anyone about love, letting all the opinions they get bubble around in their brain with all the quixotic unfinality of a sunspot. I don’t know. They ask though, and so I have to give them answers.

The most important thing, of course, is to separate love from physical attraction. Thinking someone is hot is not love. I wouldn’t call it ‘lust’ as that word has such a negative connotation, and being attracted to hot looking people is hardly negative; in fact, it’s quite natural. But thinking someone is hot is definitely not love, even if you hook up with this hot person and start taking them out for ice cream.

Some people think that love means wanting to be beside someone forever. Not being able to imagine being without them, let’s say. This isn’t love either. This is the state of affairs that arises when the feeling that person B is hot combines with person A’s own insecurities and fear of being alone. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that all the romantic notions of what love might be – the sense of wanting to be with someone forever, the sense that someone is more important to us than we are to ourselves, the belief that we would readily sacrifice our lives for this other person – all of these romantic notions are born of passion, not love.

At this stage of my life, I’ve come to believe that Love is a decidedly unromantic emotion, one that most closely resembles committment. Love means saying that this one other human being will be important to me, and will continue to be important to me, regardless of circumstances both external to the relationship and internal to it. It is a decision to place upon another person an importance that we will not allow to change regardless of their behavior or actions. In other words, we say, “This is My partner” and we leave it at that. Through an act of will, we don’t allow ourselves to have or desire other partners and we don’t change our way of viewing this other person, regardless of the circumstances that arise, either through third-party forces, or through this person’s own actions.

Now, you may be thinking that I’m crazy. I mean, if you love someone and they start treating you like garbage, obviously the logical thing to do is to stop loving them. But in my opinion, you can’t do that. If you’re able to stop loving them, then it wasn’t love. It was that business from a few paragraphs above, where you think this person is really hot. If you’re just attracted to someone – physically or emotionally – then it’s reasonably easy to stop. Love, though, comes from you. It’s your permanent committment to this person.

My definition of love explains a lot of strange cases that don’t stand up when only the “he/she’s really hot” factor is at work. For example, we see many couples where there is a radical age difference, or one of the parties in the couple is quite unattractive by even the most forgiving of standards. Yet somehow, they appear to love each other. More telling, however, is the case where a love continues regardless of circumstances that would clearly put an end to any affection born of lesser emotions. For example, the case where a man goes to prison and his wife remains faithful and devoted to him through all the years they are apart, and regardless of the crime of which he was accused. And most telling of all is the case where one of the parties to a couple decides to leave the other, to break-up, to end the relationship, and the other party in the couple just goes on loving that person, waiting for them to come back, wishing nothing but the best for the person.

This kind of love is very hard for those who have never experienced it to understand. We meet someone who is in love with someone who doesn’t care about him/her, has already abandoned him/her, has already gotten involved with someone else, and yet our friend continues to love that person. Our friend has flipped some kind of mental switch, pushed some kind of mental button, and made the irreversible and unchanging decision that they love that person. Circumstances notwithstanding.

When time apart, when distance apart, when the actions and behaviors of the other party have no affect whatsoever on our feelings, that, perhaps, is love. It’s extremely rare, as people will tell anyone in this state or condition that they are crazy. “Get over it,” they’ll say. “She’s gone.” “Move on, man.” Stuff like that.

What they don’t understand is that this kind of love is not connected in any way to the actuality of the person. It’s connected to their potentiality – to what they could have been, to what the relationship could have been like, if things had gone better.

We do terrible things to the people we love. We disappoint them, we abandon them, we hurt them through our actions, and often we effect their psychology without even knowing we’re doing it. We plant little seeds in their minds through the things we say and through our actions, and when those seeds take route and sprout into nasty weeds, we blame everyone but ourselves.

Love requires a gentle hand, a steadiness of purpose, a conviction of its justifications, and, most of all, a committment to its permanency. Fireworks are just passion. Tear-filled lonely nights are just insecurity. True love, if it exists, is rock steady, unchanging, and unassailable.

True love then is also, perhaps, sometimes a very, very lonely thing.

Life used to be incredibly boring. Get up, go to work, come home, hit the internet, watch some TV, moan and groan about how I should do some writing, or do some exercise, and then go to sleep. Boring. Chan wa. To spice it up, I did what everybody does these days: I played video games! I had an X-Box and a Playstation 2 and a computer. I loved Soul Calibur for the Playstation, Halo for the X-Box, and Diablo for my computer. Hacking, slashing, fighting, shooting, killing, spinning, flipping, diving. I was a lord of pixelized blood-shedding, a master of carnage, a crier of havoc who would let slip the digital dogs of war at the drop of a hat.

When I didn’t feel like wasting any electricity, I played pencil and paper role-playing games like Dungeons and Dragons. For years, from the comfort of some friend’s or other’s dining room table, I travelled the myriad planes of existence, slid along sidereal timelines, teleported into foreboding castles, and put coutnless – and I mean countless – servants of evil to the sword.

As I look back on things, I realize that given the number of times I was personally involved with saving the universe, it’s amazing I ever had time to go to University or become a teacher.

However, even with all of those entertainment outlets, it somehow wasn’t enough to fill the mammoth vats of full time I seemed to have, so I also read comic books. By the hundreds. Every month. Spiderman. X-Men. Avengers. Thor. Iron Man. Captain America. Dozens of others. When I wasn’t saving the Universe myself, I saved it vicariously through some superhero or other. Very little of my free time was spent doing anything other than saving the Universe, which is ok since, obviously, saving the Universe is important.

Then I came to Vietnam. I haven’t played a video game, or a role-playing game, or read a comic book since. And yet, I feel my life is filled with more adventure than it ever was before. Somehow, when you live all your life in one place, it tends to become extra-ordinarily mundane and sedate. My life was completely lacking in adventure, so I had to russle up imaginary adventure whenever I could and however I could. Here in Vietnam, though, it’s completely different. Once I hop on my motorbike, the adventure begins. Everywhere I go is filled with excitement, every street I drive down filled with the immediate peril of annihilation in a head-on collision.

As everyone knows, no one saves the Universe out of altruism. Heroes save the Universe for the chicks. For the imperlied princesses, imprisoned goddesses, unfairly treated fairies, and fallen angels. And Hanoi is filled with these. A princess on every Piaggio as it were.

The thought this leaves me with is that everyone who spends huge amounts of time playing games should make certain to take a step back long enough to do a quick check and make sure that they haven’t stopped living their real lives. If Hanoi has taught me one thing it’s that you can miss a lot of adventure and excitement sitting on your living room couch.

I love my life in Hanoi, because it’s like something you might read about in a book. It’s a pretty cool thing when you do a little self-analysis and realize that you’ve become … almost anyway … an action hero! And if not an action hero, then at least an explorer or adventurer.

Now, where’d I leave that sword…?

Craig seems to love heroes, and their journeys :))

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
ôi mình hem có đủ kiên nhẫn để đọc :)) mặc dù cuả Craig viết thì it is supposed to be good :x

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
"As everyone knows, no one saves the Universe out of altruism. Heroes save the Universe for the chicks. For the imperlied princesses, imprisoned goddesses, unfairly treated fairies, and fallen angels. And Hanoi is filled with these. A princess on every Piaggio as it were."

Thích mỗi cái này =)) bây h mình hiểu vì sao Craig thích Dylan và @ =))
và việc dậy SAT, hình như cũng là "save the Universe" in some ways ;)) :))

Back
Bên trên