Cool Movies!!!!

Some more information about Tarantino: he used to work at a video store, so pretty much worship movies, especially film noir and martial arts. I don't understand why do you say I don't get the point of the movie?

The point is, really, there's no point at all. Movies like Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dog, I think the plot is secondary, the fun for "cool moments" is the most important message. Just watching the movie makes audience feel cool and hip, and just the cool and witty conversations are enough to tolerate if the plot trails off here and there.

About what Tarantino does for Asia, I really have no clue, although I think he makes a good laugh out of it more than anything else. Like in Vol 1, he takes the most cliches assumption about Japan and pulls it off; same thing with the chinese in vol 2. Even the format "Vol 1" "Vol 2" "Chapter: ---" is typical format of Asian comic book.

About movies that go backward, Pulp Fiction is the first one I see, so naturally it's new for me. Later on, I learn that even that is lifted from other old movies, but the overlapping time-frame is a Tarantino's invention. Which I thought is genius.

i like these the most: LOTR 1;2;3; Equilibrium; Matrix 1;2;3; MIB 1;2; Kill Bill; Underworld; Hero; Italian Job; Desperados 1;2;3; and some others which i cannot name right now. Most of these movies are action movies since there's nothing like seeing sb's head cut off, seeing awesome fighting scenes (Matrix, Equilibrium, LOTR), and witnessing the genious directing and plot of "The Italian Job" !!

Hơ, I'm not a big fan of action movies. I don't know if anybody has the same interest like me but the latest movie I saw was "Ella Enchanted". When the actor took off his shirt, my girl-friend yelled: "That guy is f***ing hot" ( Excuse my language but that was what she said). Anyway, the movie is about a girl name Ella. When she was born, her god-mother gave her a gift of being obedient. It means she has to do everything people tell her to. Hơ, what if somebody had told her to have sex with him? This movie is like a fairy tale, well actually it is a fairy-tale, easy to follow and easy to forget. You know, "and they live happily forever".
By the way, my favorite movie is "Chicago": great music, great dancing, beautiful actress, I mean Catherine Zeta Jones.
"Mystic River" is also very meaningful but it's so sad. :((

Have anyone here watched the 2 movies "Harry.S Truman" and "Gandhi" yet?

I love a lot of movies they reflect the life that we do not live, they give us second hand experiences (this maybe good, may be bad) and interesting definition of life.
As far as I understand you guys do not seem to like soap opera (which I hate before I saw an American film). The movie that I’m trying to tell you is Pasadena, it’s actually very good movie, no beginning, no end. But every detail in the movie depicts the American life: full of deceitfulness, disappointment and unfairness. However Americans dare to look at what they can not achieve, they accept it and tried to make it better
The movie is about a wealthy family in Pasadena CA, they have been living in good reputation until one day, a boyfriend of the girl figured out many thing hidden behind that happy family. One person was killed in the past, one person was accused and jailed, but … urh, you gotta see it yourself, I love it

does anyone want to talk about The Scent of Green Papaya? I just watched it and there may be a lot to talk about. :D

beautiful camera shooting... but i dont really like the plot, kinda simple and a bit boring.

i like the main character when she was small... not anymore when she grew up.
The guy she likes doesnt look that cute, but i like his piano playing.
btw, wat's wrong with the dubbing? I heard some weird lines in the movie with some strange dialect. For this aspect, a vertical ray of the sun (Mua he chieu thang dung) is much better.

What do u think of vietnamese movies here? I've watched:

1. scent of papaya
2. vertical ray of the sun
3. cyclo
4. three seasons
5. quiet american

do u think they reflect the image of vietnam appropriately?

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
I agree that the picture is so beautiful. Amazing camera shooting. However, the picture of that street is not real sometimes.. I don't know why I have that feeling. It looks like they try to create such a background (babor, cyclo..) to mimic the Vietnamese life but things are so beautiful and clean..
The plot is so similar to "Tu luc van doan" stlye (Nhat Linh, Khai Hung, Hoang Dao) and Thach Lam, which I don't like. It would be nice as a short romantic story but not as a movie.
Thirdly, the characters are so independent of what is going on outside that small street. The middleclass people are only concerned about their earnings daily. The young generation is stuck, I think. They find solutions in music only. :D

I would love to watch "the vertical ray of the sun" but my library dozn't have it :(

To warm up the topic a little, how bout the summer blockbusters? Any suggestions? :)

This summer, I'm planning to see these movies:
- Troy
- Mean girls (this movies is actually recommended by critics)
- Harry Potter and the prisioner of Azkaban
- The Stepford wifes
I just saw "Secret window" last week in a cheap show and I think it's awsome.

I'd like to see Troy because i love to read Greek Mythology. However, all I hear about is this movies wasn't well-made. These are some comments on it: "The Greek Ships on Troy's beaches are filmed exactly like D-Day in "The longest day" ; When Achilles fights, his aerial moves come from Hong Kong's martial arts films; The women, from Helen to Achilles' squeeze, Briseis, are all glam-our-magazine slender, i.e, on the edge of anorexia."
The only reason makes me see this movie is the apperance ot Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom. Hic, But I heard that their actings are not good, either.

Hơ, how about old movies. Has anybody seen "Godfather 1 and 2", "The sound of silence", "Forest Gump" ( hope I spell it right), "Rain man" yet? These are truly good movies that are worth seeing.
I love Forest Gump because it tells you many thing about life (it also mentions Vietnam war).

I don't know if u'll be able to see "Troy". My friends and I just got our asses kicked at the theatre last Friday because it's an R-rated movie, and we're not 17 yet so we couldn't see it. That's just ridiculous. Nevertheless, we ended up seeing "Mean Girls" :)). Although it's definitely a chick-flick and kinda silly, it's actually pretty funny (and the girls are wicked hot too :p)...

Is any1 interested in action or horror movies?

shrek 2... damn funny and meaningful... reminds me of Andersen's fairy tales
gotta be the first to see Harry potter azkaban

yeah, I like Shrek 1 a lot too. It's really cool and funny, and the music is very good as well... hope i'll have a chance to see Shrek 2 in the near future...

Vote for Shrek 2 to be the funniest Waltdisney movie I have ever seen. :))
It is way funnier than Shrek 1 with lots of Disney characters in it (Pinochio wearing thongs, Thumbelina, Sleeping beauty, the cruel fairy godmother, ... ) ;)

Actually, Shrek 1&2 are not from the Disney. Dreamworks SKG made them, if i get it right. I thk they include those character to make fun of Disney or, maybe im wrong.
To the movies, yep, Shrek is by far the coolest animated movies i ve ever seen. Its truly hillarious, makes me giggling the whole time. Longing for Shrek 2 to arrive in VN.
Have anyone watched Van Helsing yet? Its being showed in VN. In the reviews, it sounds more of an action film than a horror one, kinda like The Mummy. Is it really good?

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Yeah!! I love Shrek 2. The director must be so talented.
And there are lots of good movies coming out this June. Gotta see Harry Porter!

How about "troy"?........It made a such strong impression on me that I had to see it twice ;;) ........but then i realized that the more I see,the less interesting it is b-)
Have anybody seen "the day after 2morrow"?the advertisement made me a bit curious but in fact the film disappointed me a bit /:)

i have seen ganhdi ,but i somewhat don't like it.great story of a great man, but there are literally no stunning, no thrilling moments, and it goes on in nearly 4 hours,hic, i can't help falling asleep, hic, is that bad?
yeah, harry potter 3 is coming out this june, on 4th ,if i get it right?,but, that's just the disk's release, huhu, when can i c it on hbo?
also

to dieu huong:where do u c shek 2 , how wonderful shek 1 is

I just saw Azkaban. and i'm lovin' it . the movie is darker and gloomier but much more beautiful and artistic, like the yellow leaves floating in the air or Hogsmead in its snow white jacket... a little bit different from the book... Hermione is much cuter, Malfoy grows up alot, new Dumbledore is not too bad but I prefer the old one... worth watching

wow! See Azkaban already? I gotta go to the movie this weekend or next weekend, definitely.
I saw Shrek 2 in a cinema. Not sure if it is available in VN yet or not.

Back
Bên trên