Cool Movies!!!!

hê, tớ vừa xem Kill Bill vol1 hôm qua xong, đỉnh phết! Nghe nói có phim gì tên la Pulp Fiction, cùng đạo diễn, phải kiếm xem mới được.

Trong Kill Bill có nhỉều quả máu phun như thác, rồi một người đánh bại trăm người, đúng kiểu phim samurai. Có cô em học sinh mặc váy múa trùy mới ác chiến. Đoạn phim anime (by Production I.G.) về quá khứ của O-ren Ishii quả thật rất ấn tượng, có thể thấy rõ bố của O-ren thực hiện mấy chiêu karate' đô.

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
American History X is a good movie...but it's kind of violent in someway
I like Cinema Paradiso...an Italian movie about the everlasting magics of the movies...
Also, "guess who's coming to dinner" is one of my favorite movies...i like Katherine Hepburn :D

He I like this topic!

I saw Quills a couple of days ago. intense and haunting movie (lots of sex scenes and violence). settled in a mental institution in France and through Marquis de Sade, it says a lot about the then French society. Who like psychology, especially Freud, might enjoy this one. but again, very intense one.

Pay it forward - simple yet so moving - about a kid who wants to change the world in a possible way. some sex scenes but you can still see it with your parents :) not very happy ending though

Girl with a pearl earring - quiet because the actress (scarlet Johansson) can say a lot with only her eyes. a movie that makes you think about love, marriage, and life and art work.

Lost in translation, also starring scarlet Johansson, funny if you know something about Japan and Japanese or you will really get "lost in translation."

Secret window, based on Stephen King's "four past midnight" is another thrilling one both psychology and crime. a lunatic writer killed his unfaithful wife and everyone standing on his way.

Beautiful mind with another psychological disorder but happy ending.

American beauty says about the American society’ problems to the extreme; some sentence that keeps echoing in my mind. I personally like the couple Ricky and Jane a lot.
The movie has some beautiful scenes too, especially the bag flying in the air surrounded with the yellow fallen leaves…

Thao, I saw your “Rain man” in my Psych class to observe Savant Syndrome. It’s not too old , in 90s I think.

Crouching tiger… has so beautiful OST with Yoyo Ma

Amelie is easy, meaningful and has special sense of humor, maybe satire, smt that only French movies can bear. can anyone recommend me some more French movies like that?

City of Angels gives me faith in well, angels and keeps me seeing the world with the child’s eyes.

Kate and Leopold is a cute one about a Duke going back the hand of time.

Dirty Pretty things, also starring the girl in Amelie, about smuggling human organs

Last but not least, American Pie (3 parts). I would like to date a guy like Stifler, must be lots of fun. Some might find it disgusting though.
And many more….

I be coming back with more oldies .

Anh Dũng thích xem Kill Bill à, em cũng vậy :D Đoạn anime đúng rất đỉnh, nghe bài nhạc rap hay tuyệt "Oren Ishii half American half chinese half Japaneseze..." Còn cô em mặc váy học sinh kinh dị nhỉ, cái chết cũng rất creative nữa. Bà Lucy Liu trong phim này dễ sợ thật, có đoạn nhón chân chạy trên bàn chém phăng đầu tên bộ hạ, rùng mình luôn. Công nhận phim đạo diến bởi Quentin Tarantino, góc quay đẹp, nhạc phim meaningful, ko thừa không thiếu. Pulp fiction cũng rất hay, cũng violent như Kill Bill nếu ko hơn. À phần II ra ngày 16 tháng 4 đấy, đừng bỏ lỡ!!!

Fim Beautiful Mind đúng là hay thật, thích nhất đoạn game theory với the blond, làm mình suy nghĩ mãi rroif định đem ra áp dụng với mấy đứa bạn để cưa mấy anh đẹp trai, xem John Nash có linh kông :D

Về phim Pháp, em có biết một phim gọi là "Dinner with idiots" thì phải, rất hay, cũng loài twisted humor như Amelie. Mọi người đã ai xem Indochine chưa? Nói về Việt Nam thời kỳ đô hộ Pháp, hay lắm, mỗi tội buồn. À ngày xưa mình hay xem phim hài ông gì người Pháp hói đầu mà đi làm cảnh sát với lại mở trang trại chăn cừu ý nhỉ? Em đang muốn tìm lại phim mà nhớ không ra tên...

hum, kieu nay phai di xem Kill Bill moi duoc.
Beautiful mind to xem ngay tu hom dau tien den My, xem lan 1 -- co nhung cho coc hieu gi ca :( Nhung xem lai thi cang hay. Game theory co 1 cai thread ben CLB kinh te hay phet.
To xem Lost in translation -- totally confused. Moi xem 1 doan da chan roi nen lo tat di luon :D
So sorry. I suddenly forget that I am writing for English club, :D

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
hihi, sao tự nhiên lại chuyển sang hết tiếng Việt thế kia, đang ở English club cơ mừ..

Btw, I think we should talk abt 1 specific movie that everyone knows. If ppl only talk like abt, summarized the story, it would be very boring....... dont you see that?

Oh,.. hey, Any one of u guys watched The Perfect Score before? I'm still waiting till it is released here! It's abt smth like SAT, right? :D

Yah I heard a lot about it through commercials on T.V.
It is about a boy who cheated on S.a.t, got the perect score and then something happened to him I don't know.
I have recently watched " grease" . It is som much fun, a musical movie.
The main actor looks gay but hot.
Once again, a vẻy old movies, maybe 30 years ago.
To Quynh Anh; I am so regretful that I didn't take Phsychology class at school. hơ fun is that?
To hang: I support your idea but It will take a long time to pick a movie that sastify all of us

oh well, have anybody heard about "Kill Bill 2", heh, it's so cool, I gotta see it this 16th. In the second Volume 2, the bride will deal with 3 others assasins and the dangerous Bill. Anyways, the commercial ad for " Kill Bill 2" was damn funny, lol, it started with the scene where the main character said " I will kill Bill!" while driving in the highway, lol, it's just so fake.
To be perfectly honest, it aint a very good movie since its story sucks ( revenge and bloodly), but I will praise for its visualize effects ( so so good, especially when she cut someone's head).
Oh, I forgot, girls shouldnt see this movie, lol, or they can be shocked and scared to death. :D

Hey guys, please post your "Movie review" here. You can choose any movie that you like and give both the summary of the content and your opinions. ;)

These will be used for EHAO. ;;) Prize for an excellent review: becoming member of EHAO Writing group :biggrin:
To Toan, Minh, QAnh : do you mind editing your previous posts a little bit so they would become complete reviews. Your help would make my life much easier trying to find resources for EHAO :D :x :x

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
what do u mean by "edit a little bit"?
btw, can i just be a member of EHAO Writing group anyway?:D

Cool website

There is an interesting website that provides summary of movies, how people rank them over time, trailer, etc, basically anything you need to get to know a movie. Check it out at www.imdb.com (stands for Internet Movies Database).

Cheers

Re: Cool website

Tô Thùy Linh đã viết:
There is an interesting website that provides summary of movies, how people rank them over time, trailer, etc, basically anything you need to get to know a movie. Check it out at www.imdb.com (stands for Internet Movies Database).

Cheers

Still, this is just for reference. Your personal opinions and discussions are welcome! If you want to write for EHAO, one suggestion is that you might think about any movie that has changed your view of life, or encouraged you in a specific situation, etc. I even think that such a piece of writing can even be an application essay for college :idea: !!! You can begin with only the ideas, not necessary a whole well-edited essay. We can all work on that piece of thought later on to develop it fully.

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Guys, i haven't seen Kill Bill, but the commercial was kinda silly, i heard that some ppl said it doesn't have a good plot either... oh well, gotta check it out myself then...
Oh and I saw Seabiscuit this afternoon too.. it is actually pretty good - not a movie totally about horse racing as i thought... i guess the reason why D. Huong said it's a touching movie is partly because of the music too...

Have anyone seen the passion of the christ? Fantastic movie isn't it? That was the first and probably the only movie that made me feel so emotional like that. Trust me, after watching that movie you may want to be a christian right away! Even the some scenses were somehow brutal but it did happened and Mel Gibson does not make it up anyway! The direction is just perfect cuz it makes my heart beating hard from the beginning till the end. Overall the movie illustrate to you the highest virtue of Jesus and the moment when he was crucified. This movie is definitely a must-see movie that you should not miss.
Overall Grade: A
Story: A-
Acting: A-
Direction: A+
Visuals: A+

Doh, I think the greatest movie of the year 2003 gotta be Lord of the Ring. fucking awesome, similar to warcraft 3 LOL I love it.
Well, first of all I dont think it is fair to compare Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon to Kill Bill. Besides the fact that both films contain martial arts and asian characters, they are completely different types of film and genre.

The wonderful thing about Kill Bill is that it does not pretend to be anything more than it visually is. Tarantino takes the stereotypical view of what the west(or himself) perceive as Japanese/Oriental/etc and uses that to his advantage. He basically grabbed whatever he took a fancy to and juxtapose them all together to form Kill Bill.

Kill Bill is a rollercoaster ride of all Tarantino's interest in Oriental films i think. Part of the enjoyment of the film comes from the audience recognizing the various elements that forms the film(Kurosawa's style of filming to filter the violence,Bruce Lee's influence and so on). This is where the film is amazing. There is a certain form of interaction between the audience and the film and that adds tremendous joy to the experience of watching Kill Bill.(at least for me it is).

Finally, the film is definitely not about trying to be true to culture or about the strength of the story or the acting. In order to fully enjoy this film I think one have to just switch off and let oneself be taken for a ride.

I AM GOING TO SEE KILLBILL VOL2 TONITE, HELL YEAH, THIS MOVIE IS SO PROMOTING ASIAN CULTURE

mouse hunt, artificial intelligence, men in black two are wonderful, i admire all films by steven spielberg
also, why didn't anyone mention hary potter. it's irresistible

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Talking about Tarantino, DO NOT MISS out on PULP FICTION. This is such a wonderful film that gets me laughing way after it's over. The movie is ironic in its witty language and awesome interwoven plots, after watching it 12 times you still wonder "What the hell just happen?"

This movie applies the trend of backward timeline (the end goes first, but you have no clue it's the end). Everything is in there: John Travolta (Grease) twisting away in a 50s restaurant with Marilyn Monroe as the waitress, beautiful wife of a mob boss high on cocaine, a corpse minus a head, drug, guns, Bruce Willis in a motorcycle called Grace, French lover, foot massage, Tarantino himself as a "sợ vợ" and of course, a sophisticated killer who spit Bible passages at his victims before showering them with bullets.

If you enjoy this kind of backward timeline, also check out Memento - awesome movie about short term memory and a will that needs to kill.

Ôi có ai xem Kill Bill Volume 2 chưa? Đúng là bộ phim như comic book, hay tệ! Nhất là đoạn ông Quentin make fun of phim chưởng HK với ông già tóc bạc phơ râu dài :)) Lại còn mấy cái tên chưởng Eagles Claws, Tiger Scratch, Five Point Break Heart gì gì nữa. Xem xong đêm về không ngủ được cứ cười khúc khích mãi!

À đã ai xem phim Hero chưa? (có Jet Li) Phim này sắp tới cũng tới Mĩ, preview thấy rất đỉnh. Tớ đang rất thèm xem phim này, nếu có ai có link để download thì cho tớ nhé!

Nhắc đến hài TQ, phải nhắc đến Shaolin Soccer (Bóng Đá Shaolin), cười vỡ bụng mất. Xem phim đấy lại nhớ truyện tranh Đội Trưởng Subasa ngày xưa, đá bóng gì mà tường đổ sập, bắn tung lưới, luyện Taichi ngoay ngoáy.

Nguyễn Thu Trang đã viết:
Ôi có ai xem Kill Bill Volume 2 chưa? Đúng là bộ phim như comic book, hay tệ! Nhất là đoạn ông Quentin make fun of phim chưởng HK với ông già tóc bạc phơ râu dài :)) Lại còn mấy cái tên chưởng Eagles Claws, Tiger Scratch, Five Point Break Heart gì gì nữa. Xem xong đêm về không ngủ được cứ cười khúc khích mãi!

Dude, you seem don't get the point of the movie, also there are so many movies that goes backward like that, nothing new

I initially had similar suspicions but what many people don't realize is that Tarantino is a huge martial arts fan.

Each fight scene is intended to be a homage to a particular movie or fighting genre. Some of the references are obvious like the yellow jumpsuit Uma Thurman is wearing (Bruce Lee of course), but a lot of the other actors and scenes pay tribute to martial arts movies and Japanese samurai series that most audiences will be completely clueless about.

This movie will be far more bloody and brutal than the trailers suggest. Blood and limbs were actually digitized out of the trailer just so it could be viewable by general audiences. Heads roll, limbs fly, eyes get cut out, and it rains blood. The fight scenes get scarily brutal from some reviews I've read by hardcore action fans.

This movie will already take its place among other great fighting movies like Blade2, The Matrix 1/2, and Equilibrium. And if you don't realize that those movies are some of the best action films that Western cinema has to offer, then you don't have any business talking about fighting action movies.

Sure there's an Asian "ninja princess" in this movie but get this - she's not just Japanese, she's half Japanese and half Chinese, and intentionally all Asian-American, as Tarantino said himself. What other non-Asian director could even fathom such a role for an Asian actor.

The masks that the thugs wear aren't from old Green Hornet (and Kato) episodes but actual Japanese-made TV series Tarantino grew up on.

He made Jacky Chan's name a household word in America by refusing to accept MTV's award unless they invented that whole "lifetime achievement" award just for Chan.

Then he used his fame to bring over those little known Asian movies through that Rolling Thunder productions thing.

Yeah, so he's a white guy who used to date Margaret Cho, but as Cho says in her act, Quentin was incredibly supportive of her back during The All American Girl days. He told her she was too good for that stereotyping bullshit.

My point is, Tarantino has done more for the Asian community than any director, Asian or not, has. He's done more for Asian cinema in the Western hemisphere than anyone. Even the legendary Shaw Brothers have asked Tarantino to do a remake of the kung fu classic, The 36th Chamber of Shaolin. (I totally thought the Shaw Bros. were dead already). He has a vision of pure action and pure bloody revenge and he is unwilling to shorten it into one 2-hour episode. For true action fans, this movie will rock.

xin lỗi mọi người quên chưa log in, bài vừa viết của guest là tui viết

Back
Bên trên