hỏi về học bổng du học Canada

Trường anh Phương trong đẹp phết :> thế di Montreal chơi vui ko a =))

Mãi tới hôm nay mới có introduction of UBC.
[youtube]8iU-N_tJET0[/youtube]

2010 là Winter Olympic tại UBC và Vancouver, I'm so excited...

[youtube]CQ0t5pdSME8[/youtube]

hi there,
Trent offers me a full scholarship. personally, I am very interested in pursuing their global studies.
I am in Singapore right now and may consider doing law here.
To you guys who have studies or have done thorough study on Canada system. Would you suggest Trent, a small university in ontario?
Thanks loads

Hehe, chúc mừng Hà nhé. lâu quá rồi ko gặp. đi học ở Trent đi. mỗi năm bây giờ nó cho mỗi 3 hay 5 cái học bổng thôi, vinh dự nhớ 8-> sang đây đoàn tụ với các bạn VN bên này :D

Personally speaking, Trent is a liberal arts institution with LOTS of youth activisim. Nếu mà thích hoạt động các kiểu, học về những thứ như development, politics, polical economy,... thì nên vào đây học. Có điều là các prof ko mainstream lắm, đa số là alternative view thôi. Học global studies cũng hay đó!

Điểm yếu của Trent là trường nhỏ nên hơi ít cơ hội bon chen như U of T hay như trường UBC của anh Phương, funding hạn hẹp nên hoạt động research khó khăn. Bù lại cũng vì trường nhỏ nên thân được với nhiều bạn.

Cuối cùng Peterborough là một vùng nhà quê \:d/ chan hòa với thiên nhiên. nhiều rừng cây. sông hồ. mùa đông lạnh vô đối. nếu mà thích kiểu thành thị như Sing thì về Ptbr sẽ thấy chán ngắt.

Hi vọng năm sau Trent sẽ được chào đón ấy \:d/

hey,yo
are you in trent too? what course are you doing now?
Really interested in Trent's global studies there.
nice to hear from you

Holy Budda Jesus Da Lai Lama!!!!!

Trent University is going to have 3 classmates of Anh1 04-07 next year. Interesting enough, they will range from 1st year, 2nd year, and 3rd year =)).

I'm gonna be in Vietnam during this summer (July and August). If you want to have a chat about how Canada likes, what you should bring and stuff like that, I will be happy to see you.

The world is really flat.
If you do not mind me asking this. It is my sincere concern right now.
I have had a good education in Singapore. And I might want to do Law here in Singapore. Everything is going smoothly.
Having a hard time deciding whether to stay or to go. I would really appreciate if you guys can provide somewhat a comparison between the two countries.
To Linh: are you learning lots from there? What course are you in ?
To Phuong: Yup, Think I would be at home during that time. Will Catch up.

I am thinking of pursuing Economics and Political Science. and Law for a postgrad edu.
Thanks much for your response.

I can't answer your question correctly since I haven't experienced the education system in Singapore. However, many of my Singaporean friends who are currently studying in here used to find it really hard to make a decision whether or not to leave the built-up world behind and get into a new environment with the whole bunch of unexpected difficulties. If everything is currently running smoothly and you want to keep that smoothness, then NUS, NTU, SMU are really good choices. However, if you want to challenge yourself with culture shocks, crazily cold weather... then come here, there's a lot of things to discover.

I think that in a few years' time, you will look back and agree with me that it is not really the college you got into or the country you're living in that defines you. Singapore, Canada, US, or Vietnam are not that big difference.

Go to Trent!
I'm studying International Development Studies with emphasis on International Political Economy.
Seriously, if you want to do something combined between Economics and Politics, then Development Studies is the right one!!! Come to Trent hahaha (the most established department of Development here in Canada).

hm. about Global Studies, it is administered by the Trent International Program. I was thinking of the same thing when I was admitted to Trent 2 years ago but as soon as you come here, you will, unfortunately, realize that it is not as fancy as it sounds. kinda vague and do not have a clear orientation!

You can always go to Law school after... in Singapore? Many students went to Law school after Trent, but more are in Environmental Studies (they have a couple of Law courses here).
I dont think Trent offers as good a teaching as Singapore. infrastructure and funding are not half as great. (NUS may be something like U of T). but it is the new environment that's worth all the trade off: more diverse, more critical, more independent... Trying out something new and fun never hurts right? and the reason i chose Trent instead of NTU or NUS 2 years ago is all about living a university life, where academics is only something besides many others adventures... say, next year i will spend a full year in Ecuador!

final note, Trent is a hippie and super-alternative university. if you are intolerant of queer scenes, weird clothing, anti-America sentiments, bald ladies, -30 in winter, you might reconsider it.

even though i never went to school in Singapore, i have never regretted my choice of coming here. :-j
hope that helps! (and i still desperately want you here haha... i already start the rumour about you at Trent)

Chúc mừng Hà nhớ :x lâu lắm ko gặp chị.. Vẫn ở Sing đúng ko, số dt là gì e nt cho..

well, no idea about Trent, but just do consider what you think you may like it in future. And one more thing to add on, NUS law is a small and quite independent to big NUS ( another hilarious campus in Bukit Timah - you may not know it in Open house ). I don't know much about Law ( I'm engineering, after all ), but there is also a LKY school of policy inside faculty of law, that may be in your interest.

@ Dieu Linh : well, actually, in NUS, you can also have things like any other colleges, and even more. It is just too competitive to have chance to do that :p

Haha, i did not mean that NUS does not have the "fun stuff" like Trent. But judging from the way that my friends are struggling with school, i can tell how much pressure the school things carry... Trent is a bit relaxing in terms of academics.. well, depend on what course you choose, but in first year, it's a completely work/play scenerio!

Dear guys,
thanks for the response.
Just want to let you know that I will be making decision soon enough.
well, i agree with Phuong that my world is what I make of it. But having a hard time trying to paint the correct picture in my mind.
Enough said, Love you guys for helping. If i ever to make a decision, will never look back and regret.

Promise will let you guys know...
Take care for now :)

@ Hà : just wondering, what is your A level results ? Just wanna know cut - off point for Fac of Law :p

Ở Van ngoài UBC ra còn có SFU tuy so về cơ sở vật chất hơi kém tẹo(campus mỗi chỗ một tý) nhưng theo mấy người mình biết thì học Applied Sciences ở SFU được đánh giá cao hơn UBC , ngoài ra có một school cho những bạn học về Hospitality được đánh giá tốt đó là Royal Roads Uni (located tại Victoria ,web link : www.royalroads.ca )
Ở Canada mình suggest các bạn chọn trường theo thế mạnh về ngành đào tạo của riêng trường đó!
Sorry về đánh giá khá nhạy cảm này với những bạn đang học UBC
Thân

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
anh chị bên ca cho em hỏi chút

trong economic downturn thế này thì tốt nghiệp xong có dễ xin được việc làm ở ca ko ạ

mà những khoa như social studies ( em chả bít nó là cái j) thì định hướng nghề nghiệp là gì thé ạ

anh chị bên ca cho em hỏi chút

trong economic downturn thế này thì tốt nghiệp xong có dễ xin được việc làm ở ca ko ạ

mà những khoa như social studies ( em chả bít nó là cái j) thì định hướng nghề nghiệp là gì thé ạ
Tình hình kinh tế đi xuống là nói chung không riêng gì Canada ,nếu so mặt bằng chung thì tỷ lệ thất nghiệp ở Canada thuộc vào loại rất thấp !
Còn hiểu theo nghĩa "dễ" thì mỗi người một kiểu!

University of Calgary Entrance Award in Developing Countries

Mới được thành lập, ít người biết.
One award only at $30,000 per year
Renewable
For an international student from a developing country as defined by the United Nations, Human Development Index of coutries in the medium and low categories.

Chỉ số Human Development Index của Việt Nam là 0.718, nằm ở mức medium, quá chuẩn luôn.

Bạn nào apply năm sau mà đọc được bài post này thì nhanh tay mà sign in http://my.ucalgary.ca/ để tìm hiểu đi nhé, cơ hội hiếm có đấy.

Haiz, post bài bên VA không ai reply nên qua đây.... Ông Phương hay ai bên Canada cho em hỏi giờ có nên qua Trent học Business Admin Honors không? Chất lượng Trent thì em cũng nghe nhiều rồi, nhưng mà sau này xin việc hay transfer qua Mĩ hoặc trong Canada có "ổn" không? Thx các anh/chị/em trước:). Là dạng "trễ tàu" nên có thể năm nay phải đi thui (năm 1 rùi, già quá rùi:))). Đang băn khoặn Trent với mấy trường "khỉ ho cò gáy" (rural) bên Mĩ. Ai tư vấn giùm luôn nha: King's college(PA), SUNY Potsdam và Truman State University.

P/S: :) Thx ông Phương vụ Simon Fraser, xém nữa là đi "tự tử" rồi:))

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Back
Bên trên