Serious Issue - Writing Contest Final Results

Nguyễn Vân Mai
(nvanmai)

Attention All Writing Contest 2005's Contestants!!!

There is a serious issue regarding our Writing Contest 2005 Final Results. We've just received information confirmed that CAO Tu Linh - the author of the 2nd Prize Winning Poem "When I was your age...", did copy exactly every single word (even comma, full stops, etc) from the poem "When I was your age..." by SIOBHAN DELL, AGE 15, WA. It was also a reading text from the ENGLISH-literacy - 2004 School Certificate Test in Australia.

Ref:
Cao Tu Linh's submission:
http://www.hn-ams.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23715
Original Source: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/schoolcertificate/sc2004/pdf_doc/english_sctest_04.pdf (page 7)

This is the first time plagiarism happened in our Contest, we will give a warning to Linh but ask for no penalty. However, Cao Tu Linh must return all cash/present prize to the Board of Organisers. HDQT will then take away Linh's medal and quality points that were awarded to her in December.

Linh has a chance to explain her situation in this topic or PM Board of Examiners.

Writing Contest 2005's Board of Examiners

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Link của bài Phạm Quốc Định ko vào đc, Vân Mai có thể check hộ lại đc ko?
NPTK

Trường hợp của Cao Tú Linh, một hành động ăn cắp bài viết của người khác để tham dự cuộc thi là ko thể chấp nhận đc. Đây là cuộc thi trên Net nên chúng ta ko có hình thức nghiêm khắc nào để xử lý đc thành viên này :). Hiện tại chỉ có thể thu hồi giải thưởng, cấm dự bất kì cuộc thi của HAO. Hi vọng Cao Tú Linh có thể đưa ra đc một lời giải thích hoặc một lời xin lỗi chính thức.
NPTK

Link original source bài của Định:
http://essayedge.com/college/essayadvice/samples
View essay số 5, category "Personal Growth", tiêu đề "Dad".

Vì đây là source essay sample của EssayEdge nên tên tác giả bị anonymous, do đó cần 1 lời giải thích từ Định.

Phần bôi đen là phần giống trong bài nộp dự thi của Định:

essaysample.gif

This is sad. Just sad.

I read this threat long ago but couldn't have any comment on this for I didn't know what to say, or rather afraid of lashing out my bad temper all over my comments once I opened my mouth at the time. But now I think I can be able to say exactly what I mean and how I mean.

I mean, you know even with due preparation that stuffs like these could very likely to occur. But still, when it really does, it hurts. Badly. At least that's how I feel and see about the whole thing. The people that've done what they just did I prefer to not have any opinon at all on them and their actions. For all I want is to share my concern, respect, and gratitude for the people working as Board of Examiners here for their good cause, strong will, heavy devotion. Cuz I'm sure that after what just happened, they are going to have to put much more time and effort into the work in order to keep the game fair for everyone that plays.

You guys rock! You all make me so proud and admired of your intelligence and work ethic. :x :x :x Viva HAO! :* :* :*

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Muốn trừng phạt bọn này thì dễ không. Anh cứ trừ bớt 5-10 điểm chất lượng của hắn đi cộng với bảo bên BNS set title là "Đạo văn trong cuộc thi EHAO" hoặc cái gì đó tương tự, thế là khóc ngay :D.

Back
Bên trên