Correlation vs Causation __ Let's discover this argument hoax

It's odd how most of us find the idea of capital punishment pretty acceptable. I imagine the responses from, say Americans would be quite different. I support the death penalty myself, but is there anyone here who doesn't?
Christianity, anyone? People here are too deeply rooted into religion, their moral values blend into their thoughts. There used to be a fine line between moral and legal issues. Not anymore ..

Thus, this case involves introducing utterly irrelevant statistic, as with the 2nd one. And that's pretty much the definition of the 'red herring' fallacy, not ' 'cum hoc ergo propter hoc', or correlation vs. causation as you put it. Are we clear here?

Perfectly. I am also now clear as to what caused this confusion, and that is that everyone has hitherto misunderstood my 'second question' statement to be an allusion to the second example, whereas I was actually talking about the second sentence in the first example (80% of capital cases...), being the one I quoted. Still, I demand an apology for being insinuated as too stupid to tell the difference between "released under supervision" and "capital punishment" (we're not all bozos on this bus, Latin or no Latin :D).

Mah bad. I dare not insinuate such outrageous idea though. :p
Also, not until now did I know that the theme of this discussion has shifted into abstract languistic and philosophical idea. 8-} Light years beyond my knowledge, I think. 8-|
@QM: long story, you weenie. :p I would email you from times to times though. Don't worry, I'm still alive. ;)

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
haha, good opportunity to show off guys, keep talking like this and enlighten me lol
hey Sơn dawg, why dont u go online anymore? whats wrong with your YIM ?

Back
Bên trên