03-06 chọn trường đi!!!

Ặc nhìn vào ảnh cứ tưởng bọn lớp mình, chắc chất lượng ảnh tồi quá nhìn không ra. H tao vẫn chưa hiểu tại sao bọn nó gọi mày là mơ :D.

Hùi lớp 10 trong 1 lần buôn chuyện :-$:-$:-$ nó kêu mẹ nó gọi nó là mơi :)):)):)) thế là mấy con đang ngồi kể chuyện mất dậy :-$:-$:-$ mới nghĩ cách đặt biệt danh, gọi là Giang mơi thô lỗ quá mình bảo gọi là mơ cho lịch sự \:D/\:D/\:D/ mình đặt đó :)):)):)) ( đi đâu cũng khoe), mình đ.c đặt là mận nhưng nghe ko thuận tai = mơ :D:D:D nên cái tên mơ thành phổ biến :D:D:D

Chẹp chat chit nhìu anh thèng VL giết, nói mấy câu chủ đề nào :D:D:D
Mơ ơi, thông tin chính xác ko :eek::eek::eek: tao apply nhé :x:x:x

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
con Ngọc nhợn
mày viết thế kia
lộ hết bí mật /:)
đính chính lại ko phải mẹ tao
mà là bà chủ nhiệm cấp 2
>:p>:p>:p>:p
:(:)(:)(:)(:)((
tao đang tủi thân :(
ừa mày apply đi
vào đấy roài 2 bọn mình les nhá ;));));))

8pm-10pm tối này có Lafayette chat event :D
Hẹn gặp ku + ở đó nhá :D
Sigh, lần trước tham gia Colgate Chat Event chả thu nhặt được cái gì cả, ngoài việc quen được 1 chú ở South Dakota có điểm SAT là 2220 8-}
Chat Event đông lúc nhúc như lò ôn thi ĐH ý :D

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Hồ Lê Việt Long đã viết:
8pm-10pm tối này có Lafayette chat event :D
Hẹn gặp ku + ở đó nhá :D
Sigh, lần trước tham gia Colgate Chat Event chả thu nhặt được cái gì cả, ngoài việc quen được 1 chú ở South Dakota có điểm SAT là 2220 8-}
Chat Event đông lúc nhúc như lò ôn thi ĐH ý :D
tao đang stuck với cái chat chết tiệt này đây...mãi kô vào được 8-}

9h mới học nghiêm xong, vào chat thấy có 8 người, trong đó có 3 adcom
Mọi người xem nhé :D
Enjoy !

Welcome to Interaction Software, hlvietlong
Your host is 10.1.1.205, running ChatSpace 3.1 - Server Edition
Now talking in Lafayette_College_Main_Room
<varun_malhotra> Alright Sir. So is an interview with an Alumni or Student required,
reccommended or possible ?
zeo Quit (Ping timeout)
<Admissions_Justin> Welcome to our chat Hlvietlong. Where are you from?
<hlvietlong> I'm from Vietnam
<admissions_Skip> Diana, our time in Bucharest will be very limited. I won't be able to do
interviews, but perhaps you can plan to travel to the ISB for the college fair
<hlvietlong> the country that dean barry going to visit this september
<dianahasegan> okey! i understand that
<dianahasegan> should I contact the school?
<hlvietlong> where there are so few people in the room ?
<admissions_Skip> Diana, what school do you attend?
<hlvietlong> is it going to over soon ?
<xellos> barry: i just figure if we could have the opportunity to ask more questions.
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: I shall be visiting schools in Hanoi the first week of September;
what is your high school?
<hlvietlong> fortunately my school is the one you're going to visit
<dianahasegan> I attend Unirea National College of Tirgu Mures
<hlvietlong> hanoi - amsterdam high school for the gifted
<admissions_Skip> Yes, Diana, please contact the school.
<dianahasegan> Tirgu Mures is a little town in the middle of Transylvania
<dianahasegan> and my school is the best school in the county
<dianahasegan> :D
<hlvietlong> actually I have some questions
<admissions_Skip> good for you, Diana.
<hlvietlong> could you answer them for me ?
<dianahasegan> do you have early action program?
<dianahasegan> or only early decision?
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: We shall be offering a group presentation on Sept. 7 and
interviews after noon the next day at the high school.
<hlvietlong> can I submit my application package to dean barry when he come to Vietnam ?
<Admissions_Justin> Diana, we have early decision, it is binding
<xellos> barry, so do I.
<dianahasegan> why there are more colleges offering early decision than early action?
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: I'd be happy to receive an email attachment or a fax with your
academic info and activities. I'd not try to send an application package prior to my visit.
<Admissions_Justin> Early Decision is designed for students who truly want to go to the
institution, by having binding early decision we know the student has Lafayette as his or her
first choice.
<xellos> they say that some natural science courses in Lafayette, is it true?
<hlvietlong> does the school have a breakdance crew or any dancing activities ?
Aaron has entered the room (hostname: 205.211.219.999)
<xellos> I just wonder how serious is the course loads at lafayette
<Admissions_Justin> Hlvietlong, we don't have a specific breakdance crew, but we do have a
dance crew. Actually, we have two incoming Indonesian students who are very much into
dance as well
<Admissions_Barry> Xellos: The natural sciences are very strong at Lafayette including
biology, chemistry, physics, psychology, neuroscience, geology, comp. science, math etc.
<dianahasegan> need a clarification: International School or Bucharest or American
international School of bucharest?
<dianahasegan> what school are you visiting?
<varun_malhotra> Sir, is there any way I could help you understand and evaluate my
application other than the Application itself ?
<Admissions_Justin> Hi Aaron, welcome to our chat.
<Admissions_Justin> Where are you from?
<Aaron> hello
<Aaron> im from Honduras
<Aaron> how are u doing?
<hlvietlong> please tell me something about the school canteen
<Admissions_Justin> Muy bien Aaron, y tu?
<hlvietlong> you know food does play a vital role
<Admissions_Justin> Where do you go to school Aaron?
<hlvietlong> about the food there too
<admissions_Skip> International School of Bucharest
<Aaron> hablas español!! que bien
<Admissions_Barry> Xellos: Speak to either Lan or Huong Nguyen who both attend Lafayette
and are earning fine records at 12<[email protected]>.
<dianahasegan> okey thank you!
<Aaron> im really interest in Lafayette college
<Aaron> the thing is that my economic situation is not good
<dianahasegan> I am a tennis player and I want to know if i can continue doing it during
college
<Aaron> what steps do i have to follow
<Aaron> ?
<dianahasegan> what facilities do you have for tennis?
<Admissions_Justin> Aaron, I am glad that you are interested in Lafayette. If you would like to
apply to the college you will use the Common Application amongst other forms...
<hlvietlong> Lafayette do not require supplemental essay
<Aaron> were can I find it?
<admissions_Skip> Diana, tennis is a division I sport here at Lafayette. That's the highest
collegiate level. So, competition for a place on the team would be competitive.
<Admissions_Justin> If you go here:
12http://www.lafayette.edu/admissions/international/index.html you can learn about the
admissions process for international students
<hlvietlong> but i do have some more essays to share
<hlvietlong> so can i submit them ?
<admissions_Skip> If you want to play for fun or exercise, there's plenty of opportunity to do
that. We have both indorr and outdoor courts.
<varun_malhotra> Sir, does applying with an Application Fee Waiver from my school counselor
affect the evaluation of my application ?
<hlvietlong> can i submit some of my sample works at school ?
<admissions_Skip> Varun, no, having a waiver will not affect our decision.
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: An essay is part of our application process and you can
supplement that with others, or samples of school work.
<Admissions_Justin> Varun, no, having an application fee waiver does not affect the
evaluation of your application
<xellos> barry:thanx for the info. what is the interdisciplinary seminar for freshmen like? It is
conpulsory, right?
<admissions_Skip> Milen, do you have any questions for us?
<hlvietlong> sir barry, which one has more weight: recommendation letter or essay ?
<hlvietlong> as our education system is different, our teachers do not know how to fill the
recommendation forms. Thus can they send letters instead ?
<Admissions_Barry> Xellos: It is required in the first semester, is team building/problem
solving in nature, interdiscilinary and writing intensive. There are 20 different topics and
you'll be guranteed one of your top three.
<dianahasegan> i want to play tennis for the team
<dianahasegan> I am also matriculated in the national tenis federation
<dianahasegan> and I am participating in competitions around my town
<Aaron> sir does Lafayette college offers financial aid and scholarships for international
students that i can apply to?
Milen Quit (Ping timeout)
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: Both the essay and recommendation letter are given serious
consideration.
<Admissions_Justin> Aaron, Lafayette does have financial aid for international students but
the competition for it is quite keen. Merit based scholarships, though, are only available to
US citizens
<admissions_Skip> Diana, you could send our tennis coach a video of you playing and
perhaps include some data about your performance.
<hlvietlong> sir barry, as our education system is different, our teachers do not know how to fill
the recommendation forms. Thus can they send letters instead ?
<Aaron> Barry, howe about the SATs and the TOEFL?
<Admissions_Justin> To apply for Financial Aid, youe need to fill out the ISFAA. You can get
there here:
<Admissions_Justin> This link will provide you with more information (click on it)
12http://www.lafayette.edu/admissions/international/998243.pdf
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: Surely letters can be submitted by teachers instead.
<Aaron> does the ISFAA required a social security number?
<Admissions_Barry> Aaron: We require the SAT I and the TOEFL and recommend you also
take the SAT II.
<Admissions_Justin> Aaron, no, it does not require it as the majority of international students
will not have one
<hlvietlong> sir barry, could you tell me how many vietnamese students have been admitted
with 100% need met in the past few years ?
<dianahasegan> how important are the extracurricular activities? such as leadership...
<Aaron> how about the porcentage needed?
<Aaron> as for international students be required?
<Aaron> and also the importance of extracurricular activitie4
<Aaron> ?
<admissions_Skip> Diana, the most important factor in the admission process is the
student's transcript, then the SAT scores. Extra-curriculars, like leadership, research and
such, are factors that can sometimes influence the decision.
<hlvietlong>
<xellos> Barry, how do you integrate team building into intensive writing courses?
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: Last two years, about 6 or so, there can be more.
<varun_malhotra> Sir, does Lafeyette have a rock/jazz band ?
<Admissions_Justin> Varun, yes Lafayettte has a jazz ensemble and groups that do rock
music
<admissions_Skip> Varun, we have a jazz band, as well as other muscial groups
<Admissions_Barry> welcome to our chat?
<hlvietlong> does the financial aid package include summer school ?
<Aaron> what is the porcentage needed for international students as the minimum your
college expect from international students
<varun_malhotra> That's very compelling. I've been playing the guitar for the past 2 years.
<Admissions_Barry> Xellos: Five or more students could work together to solve problems
from various perspectives.
<Admissions_Justin> Hlvietlong, financial aid will only cover summer courses if the student is
working to complete his education early. So, the aid only covers the equivalent of 8
semesters of study
<admissions_Skip> Aaron, we expect all students to contribute towards the cost of their
education. We don't specifiy a minumum,the amount is based on the family's financial
situation as we understand it from the IFSAA.
<Admissions_Barry> Aaron: There is not an absolute minimum; rather a review of the family's
comprehensive financial status.
<Aaron> oohh ok
<dianahasegan> if I want to do a double major program, which is 5 years, can I get a fin aid for
all the 5 years?
<hlvietlong> could you tell me lafayette's range of new SAT test scores ?
<Admissions_Justin> Diana, if you declare the double major/5 year program upfront, yes aid
will be for the 5 years
<dianahasegan> okey!
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: The average SAT scores are just under 1300 but with
international students the competition is keen and we consider circumstances with
language use.
<Aaron> here in Honduras we only take the TOELF as colleges and universities required it and
also the SATs. Do we have to take other type of exams?
<Aaron> Does Lafayette look for other types of exams ?
<Admissions_Barry> Aaron: The TOEFL and SAT I are required and if the SAT II is taken, it can
be helpful too.
<xellos> Barry, what if I took a combination of the old SATI and the new SATII?
<hlvietlong> sire barry, does the interview you're going to have with us count towards the
application evaluation process ? Or is it just about information on your school ?
<xellos> Barry: I mean when I was about to take the writing test, it was no longer available
himani has entered the room (hostname: 213.185.110.999)
<Admissions_Barry> Xellos: We of course can use reliably the verbal reasoning and math
sections from the old and new and if the new, we'll also have the writing. No need to take the
new this year.
<Admissions_Justin> Welcome to our chat Himani
<Admissions_Justin> where are you from?
<hlvietlong> sir barry ?
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: The interview will count as an on campus interview would, the
group session will be largely infortional.
<xellos> Barry:so, the writing score is not required under such circumstances, right?
<Admissions_Barry> Xellos: The writing test is not required for candidates for the Cl. of 2010,
many of course will take it though.
<hlvietlong> does international students have to take extra general courses ?
<varun_malhotra> Sir, is an alumni/student initerview possible in Calcutta, India ?
<admissions_Skip> Varun,
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: Not a requirement but having taken some could be helpful.
<admissions_Skip> I don't believe we have an alumnus in Calcutta at this time, so an
interview is not likely.
<hlvietlong> does the school offer a study abroad program ?
<Aaron> how abput in central america? alumni/student interview
himanivaidya has entered the room (hostname: 213.185.110.999)
<xellos> Barry: plz use a few words to describe the lafayette students. what's special of them
compared to those in other elite liberal arts colleges?
<himanivaidya> hello
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: Yes, a very extensive study abroad program including 3.5
week interim programs, semester long and year long programs around the world.
<admissions_Skip> welcome himanivaidya
<Admissions_Justin> Aaron, there perhaps is the possibility for an interview with a Lafayette
alumnus. That process does not begin until after you apply to Lafayette though.
<himanivaidya> thank u
<admissions_Skip> where are you from, Humanivaidya?
<hlvietlong> does lafayette coeducate with any other schools in the region ? If yes pls tell me
some
<Aaron> ooh ok
<dianahasegan> when can I start sending the application?
<Admissions_Barry> Xellos: Lafayette students tend to be serious students who do enjoy
participation in co-curricular activities and who have opportunities as undergrads like those
given to grad students at universities.
<himanivaidya> i want to know about the biology major that is being offered by your cillege
<himanivaidya> i am from nepal
<Aaron> i heard that one deadline is in january 1 right? when can i apply if my school year
ended on May 2006
<Aaron> for a possibly interview
<Aaron> ?
<admissions_Skip> Diana, you can submit your application anytime now. We won't start to
evaluate ergular decision apps until late November or December and we'll need your first
grades of the year.
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: We have lots of overlap with Bucknell, Colgate, Lehigh,
Cornell, Penn, Penn State etc.
<Admissions_Justin> Himanivaidya, the Biology program at Lafayette is quite strong. A very
hands-on major with many research opportunities
<admissions_Skip> namaste, Himanivaidya.
<Admissions_Justin> You can learn more about Biology at:
12http://www.lafayette.edu/admissions/majors/biology.html
<himanivaidya> namaste skip
<admissions_Skip> where do you attend school?
<dianahasegan> do you have a freshmen student profile?
<himanivaidya> India, haryana
<Aaron> i get to know many people from India in presidential classroom in washington!!
<himanivaidya> i have completed my high school, oh thats nice Aaron
himani Quit (Ping timeout)
<admissions_Skip> Himanivaidya, so you are back in Nepal?
<himanivaidya> yes
<admissions_Skip> what's keeping you busy?
<himanivaidya> i got 73.8%
<Admissions_Justin> Diana, for international students the profile is quite competitive. On
average students have SAT scores of 1350 and above, are earning the highest marks
possible in their classes, and are in the top of their class. They also are students who are
involved in their community as well.
<admissions_Skip> very good score, Himanivaidya.
<himanivaidya> toefl range is 217-273
<hlvietlong> sir barry, could you list the factors when evaluating an application from most to
least important ?
<himanivaidya> how much new SAT score will i need to get admmission?
dianahasegan Quit (Web Browser closed)
<Admissions_Justin> Himanivaidya, on average accepted students have an SAT score of
1350 and above (based on the Old SAT)
<himanivaidya> oh, can you explain to me about early desicion?
dianahasegan has entered the room (hostname: 82.78.163.999)
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: Your classroom performance grades 9-12 are the most
important, also how rigorous your program was, certainly standardized test results, the
school recommendation, teacher recs, your activities, essays etc.
<dianahasegan> why couldn't I coppy all the text of the discusion?
<admissions_Skip> welcome back, Diana.
<dianahasegan> and why I was thrown out?
<varun_malhotra> I received a 710(math) 670(Reading) and 740(Writing) in the June SAT's.
How would you rate these scores ? I'l be giving my SAT I again in October though.
<Aaron> Im a senior for this year. I took the New SAT last year. So i dont have an old SAT score
<Admissions_Justin> sometimes there are technical difficulties
<Admissions_Barry> Aaron: It is not a problem to only have the new SAT.
<xellos> barry: is lafayette recently giving a boost to its campus diversity?
<dianahasegan> can we exchange emails just to get in touch which each other?
<Admissions_Justin> We are not sure how to copy the script of the chat
<dianahasegan> mine is [email protected]
<dianahasegan> you have a pop-up
<dianahasegan> if you right click on the window
<admissions_Skip> Varun, these are outstanding scores. Of course, we will also look closely
at you day-to-day work as per your transcript.
<dianahasegan> and so you could coppy
<Admissions_Barry> Xellos: Certainly campus diversity is important and has been, but it is
getting even more attention.
<dianahasegan> if it wouldn't gave me an error
<dianahasegan> something with javascript permision
<admissions_Skip> Diana, you can reach me at [email protected]
<hlvietlong> I got 750 (math IC), 760 (math IIC) and 730 Chemistry. Are there scores good
enough ?
<dianahasegan> I would like to speak with other student also... of course if they want
<varun_malhotra> My school results have been consistantly good as well. I've been ranking in
the top 5% of my class for the past 4 years and got 93% in my Class 10 Board Exams.
<Admissions_Justin> If anyone would like a copy of the transcript of this chat, just email me at
[email protected] and I will email it to you
<Admissions_Justin> The chat will be ending in about 10 minutes, does anyone have any final
questions?
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: Those scores are very solid and put you in a competative
position.
<varun_malhotra> Sir, what is the average International Student intake per year and what is the
average Aid Package for International Students ?
<varun_malhotra> These figures were unavailable on CollegeBoard.com
<Admissions_Justin> Varun, what do you mean by average international intake?
<varun_malhotra> The average number of International Students enrolling each year at
Lafayette.
<Admissions_Justin> On average accepted international students received $25,000-30,000
USD in financial aid
<Admissions_Barry> Varun: We enroll about 35 or so new international students each year.
<varun_malhotra> Thank you, Sir. That's quite a generous amount.
<Aaron> yes
<xellos> barry: during my application, what usually happens if my demostrated financial need
is not met?
<Aaron> that money covers how much time?--- years
<hlvietlong> sir barry, what is the average student' income from the jobs on campus ?
<varun_malhotra> Sir, what should my application packet exactly consist of ? How many
reccomandations ? And should I send any supporting material or certificates along with it ?
<Admissions_Barry> Xellos: We meet full need for each international admit with need. If you
disagree with our need determination, we will consider an appeal.
<Admissions_Justin> Just to let everyone know, the chat will end in a few minutes. If anyone
has any questions that could not be answered, just email Skip at
[email protected] or Justin at [email protected]
<admissions_Skip> Aaron, we are committed to offering financial aid for 8 semesters.
<admissions_Skip> Varun,
<dianahasegan> want to talk further with varun
<Aaron> thanks
<dianahasegan> can you give me your email?
<admissions_Skip> we require two letters of recommendation - one from a guidance
counselor or school head and the other from a teacher
<varun_malhotra> sure... it's [email protected]. you can add me on msn
messenger as well.
<Admissions_Barry> Hlvietlong: Normally students can earn between $1500 USD and $2,000
in a year.
<dianahasegan> okey thanks
<admissions_Skip> we can review your certificates, if you submit them.
<dianahasegan> any other IM?
<Admissions_Justin> 5 more minutes to chat, any last minute questions?
<hlvietlong> thank you very much for all the information, see you again when you come to
Vietnam, sir barry
<Admissions_Justin> I am sure Sir Barry can't wait to meet with you!
<varun_malhotra> Sir, is it alright if we e-mail you with any more questions we have ?
<dianahasegan> thank you a lot too... and keep on doing these sessions
<Admissions_Justin> Varun, here is everyone's email: Barry= [email protected],
[email protected], Justin= [email protected]
<dianahasegan> they are very usefull
<admissions_Skip> thanks for youre great questions.
<dianahasegan> if anyone uses yahoo msg or msn... my id is dianahasegan
<Aaron> thanks that helps alot
<admissions_Skip> Bye
<Aaron> ook
<Admissions_Justin> and if anyone wants a transcript of this chat, just email me at
[email protected]
<Aaron> see yiou take care
<dianahasegan> okey!
<Aaron> thanks for you r time
<dianahasegan> thank you very much!
<varun_malhotra> Thanks a lot, Sirs. You've all been really co-operative and helpful. It was
brilliant talking with you.
<dianahasegan> and hope to see you all on the campus next year!
<Aaron> god bless u all

Đây toàn là hỏi - trả lời thì làm sao tôi tóm tắt được 8-}

hehe Barry is funny
thực ra thì có vài cái adcom ko nói đúng, ví dụ như intl students get around $34k-$39k covered everything
à mà cái này là chat cho hs quốc tế à? Long ơi, trong 4 admissions seasons vừa qua thì Laf nhận 9 Vietnamese... trong đó năm chị và năm chị Hương là 2 each year, năm vừa rồi là 4 :D

Vâng ạ, thảo nào em thấy những mấy năm liền mà chỉ nhận có 6 mạng thì hơi ít 8-}
Cái này là đúng là chat dành riêng cho inter students ạ
Cảm ơn chị Lan đã "ngoáy" cái topic này lên, mấy hôm liền rồi ko thấy ai trả lời :-?

Quên mất, post luôn lịch chat nè:D Hứa hẹn lần sau sẽ rất đông vì ko chỉ có mình inter nữa :-?

Highschool Seniors Chat: Thursday, September 8, 2005 (6:00am - 8:00am giờ VN)
Parent Chat: Thursday, September 22, 2005 (ai muốn giả danh phụ huynh cứ tham gia) (the same time as above)
Highschool Juniors Chat: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 (dành cho các em lớp 11 nếu muốn gây thiện cảm ngay từ bây h) (the same time)

Hehe lịch của Lafay mà chị :D
Nhưng đâu có room nào cho current students đâu ạ :D Hay chị Lan làm parent :))

ê mọi người ơi!!!!! có một số trường nó chia room&board fee thành in-state & out-of-state --------- thường thì năm đầu mình là out nên fải đóng nhiều hơn!!! thế đến năm thứ hai trở đi nó có coi mình là in kô hay vẫn mang danh out state và bắt mình đóng tiền như năm trước??? đang nói đến trường hợp kô đc full tuition :D

vẫn là out thôi :)) out of state chứ có out of country thì cũng vẫn thế thì phải :))

in state nó tính theo resident mà :)) bà ở 1 năm bà đã thành US resident đâu :))
mà hinh như các public mới chia in state out state mà :D

Back
Bên trên