Writing Contest - Final Results

Nguyễn Vân Mai
(nvanmai)

Firstly, we would like to thank all of our Contestants for spending time on attending the Writing Contest 2005. This Contest would not have been fulfilled without your constant support.

We would also like to express our greatest thanks to the Writing Contest Board of Examiners for the hard work they've done. With their serious effort and professional manner in marking, we have found the most deserving Winners for this year's Contest.

Here comes the moment of truth!

1. Story Category

No First Prize

Second Prize: "A chance encounter" - Author: Võ Thanh Trọng Nhân (Hóa 00-03 - Phổ Thông Năng Khiếu)
Nhân will be awarded a present (and/or cash prize) equivalent to 700,000VND and 10 "điểm chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points), together with a Silver Medal (E-HAO Writing Contest Winner).

Third Prize: "No title" - Author: Trần Phương My (03-06 Foxcroft School)
My will be awarded a present (and/or cash prize) equivalent to 500,000VND and 8 "điểm chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points), together with a Bronze Medal (E-HAO Writing Contest Winner).

2. Essay Category

No First Prize

No Second Prize

Third Prize: "In support for an open-minded education" - Author: Trần Thiên Phước (West Orange Highschool)
Phước will be awarded a present (and/or cash prize) equivalent to 300,000VND and 8 "điểm chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points), together with a Bronze Medal (E-HAO Writing Contest Winner).

3. Poem Category

First Prize: "I wonder" - Author: Hồ Lam Sơn (Tin 01-04 Chuyên Tổng Hợp)
Sơn will be awarded a present (and/or cash prize) equivalent to 700,000VND and 15 "điểm chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points), together with a Gold Medal (E-HAO Writing Contest Winner).

Second Prize: "When I was your age" - Author: Cao Tú Linh (04-07 Presbyterian Ladies' College-Sydney-Australia)
Linh will be awarded a present (and/or cash prize) equivalent to 500,000VND and 10 "điểm chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points), together with a Silver Medal (E-HAO Writing Contest Winner).

Third Prize: "Broken Dream" - Author: Trần Phương My (03-06 Foxcroft School)
My will be awarded a present (and/or cash prize) equivalent to 300,000VND and 8 "điểm chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points), together with a Bronze Medal (E-HAO Writing Contest Winner).

4. Young Talented Contestant

"Their coffee is good" Author: Trần Thế Phong (A2 04-07)
Phong will be awarded a present (and/or cash prize) equivalent to 500,000VND and 10 "điểm chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points), together with a Young Talent Medal (E-HAO Writing Contest Winner).

5. Encouragement Prizes
Some other submissions stand out for their quality even though they were not given any award. We would like to reward 5 "điểm chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points) to the following submissions:

1. I need some sleep - Lê Minh Đức

2. The Most Respectable People In My Life - Pham Quoc Dinh

3. Picture of All Seasons - Le Thuy Hanh

4. Home is Tomorrow - Dinh Ngoc Lam

5. I write your name - Trinh Quoc Anh

We would like to reward 2 "điểm chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points) to all other submissions.

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối bởi người điều hành:
Please note:

+ Prizes' orders are based on the final scores each author received.

+ Prizes may include cash prizes or presents of equivalent value.

+ Prizes will be given in person at the "20th Anniversary of the founding of Hanoi-Amsterdam Highschool" ceremony in Hanoi, Vietnam (25/12/2005). Please confirm your attendance. If the contestant cannot attend, he/she must contact the Organisation Board to discuss about the most convenient way to send the prizes, either to the family, or directly to the winning contestant's current address.

+ "Điểm thưởng chất lượng thành viên" (reputation points) and the e-medals are given by adding in the members' profiles on or before 25/12 (please check your profile by that day for more details).

Again, we would like to take this opportunity to send our gratitude to all Contestants and Examiners. Congratulations to all of the Winners, keep up the good work! And we hope to see all of you again at this Contest next year.

Writing Contest Board of Organisation

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối bởi người điều hành:
Back
Bên trên