Class of '08 - prepare for your college education

Phúc bồ trượt từ mấy hôm trước rồi còn gì, nói gì nữa thế. kinh quá.

@Phong, Hà, Nam: em Phong là prospective students tham dự overnight open house :p mình đi OH trường nào cũng overnight hết ;;)

capacity của trường limited (health + time + mood limited mà) nên không có chương trình promotion nào ngoài overnight open house tại Mỹ, và hẹn hò tại VN đâu. I'm too lazy and uninspired to make any effort.

cho mình hỏi để tốt nghiệp HA College thì cần mấy năm ;;) và HA College là trường coed, women's hay men's college? :">

@Nhắng, Hà, Bờm,...: chơi beerpong là mình uống đấy ai ném thì ném mình không ném đâu :D

rượu bên này rẻ mà. uống rượu rẻ + ngon hơn uống bia. best recent drinking night của chị là 1 đêm lọ mọ về nhà bạn lúc quá nửa đêm ở NYC sau một chặng đường dài, mình với 4 chú già trẻ lớn bé ngồi nói chuyện nhảm trên một cái đệm rách và uống ... wine! mấy chai trắng đỏ young and old, chuyền tay nhau.
đâu cứ phải rượu mạnh mới là uống thích :) worst shot của chị là 1 shot tequila trong lúc mọi người (đông ơi là đông :(() quây quần ngồi chơi poker ở 1 chỗ gần San Fran, còn mình bị left out vì không biết chơi :((

@PhD: 9x mà làm PhD ;;) có năng động không? ;;) hôm nào mình test ;;)
Queen không có nói là xong PhD mới tính chồng con nhé. nhắc lại, Queen không có plan lấy chồng, tức là có thể cưới lúc đang học PhD, hoặc sau khi tốt nghiệp. còn con cái :"> highly likely là trong khi học PhD đấy :))

mở rộng thông tin tuyển sinh của trường Queen cho PhD rêu rao nhé b-)

Hiền Nga SCHOOL (yes, for undergrads and grads and posts and even high schoolers!) là trường coed với rolling admission policy. you may transfer or graduate anytime with or without administrator's acknowledgment, but you must not enroll two schools or more at the same time. you may, however, take classes, as many as you wish, at other schools upon agreement between you and Hiền Nga School.

attending HNS, you are responsible to learn food-related skills, such as cooking and shopping. you must also love (and learn to be extremely good at) different types of dancing, including ballroom in general and social dances. you must pass the swimming efficiency test like all Bryn Mawr students, and the health check.

HNS will train you how to *work* well and to become a hardworking bee (;)) alright you won't understand this sentence unless you're reading a recent active topic in TTTG). you will learn to work with a partner, as well as a team. you will not, however, be taught any independent work skill; you're responsible to learn and practice that yourself.
meal-plan is not fixed but rather up to the administrator's mood and health condition. you are responsible of purchasing raw materials for works and food.
(it is so me to put these two things together :)))
admitted students will also have frequent free cakes, musical or concert tickets, photographs or photo shooting, or have the honor to give those free things as gifts to HNS.
HNS would also provide you a list of gái (or giai, upon request) of any region of Việt Nam and the United States.

admission is highly reserved for applicants who share the shame living philosophy with HNS (which, well, you probably can't find anywhere public, but you may try to figure it out yourself), pursuing or going to pursue or already have achieved PhD degree abroad in any areas except economics and extremely high level pure sciences (PhDs in development studies and engineering have an advantage). applicants should have an enormous amount of tolerance to endure administrator's frequent mood-swing and PMS, and humor (enough to write sentences such as "no brownie can stand the test of time" or something similar). in order to have a successful application, applicants should also know to send a lovely card like a "From Someone Who Loves You Very Much" late Valentine's card (with food), or to pick up little details like a title (ex: Queen) to make a girl's day sweeter. personal emails, mails, and wall posts and the likes are highly recommended (okay I'm getting sentimental over some good things related to many guys of this forum :">).

application package should include a hand-written cover letter, a resume and plan, some food and/or flowers for bribery and a lot of patience, since I'm hard.

note: the school's rolling admission policy gives early-birds a clear advantage, so apply early. apply TODAY! NOW!

chị ơi, em muốn apply, nộp hồ sơ theo địa chỉ nào ạ :D;;) ;;) ;;)

Yeah, I'm wondering where the school is:-??

=))

Well, subsidy might be available.:-? With such a vague policy (it doesn't mention which kind of students is eligible for), you will never get money unless u're in very very special situation. ;))

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Chết chết, tự nhiên các bạn đưa ra chủ đề này làm tớ lúng túng quá :| Không biết chọn ngành thì có nên nghĩ đến chuyện Ph.D không? Làm việc quần quật thì 27 tuổi có thể xong Ph.D nhưng lúc đấy thì không biết mình là người Việt đầu đen hay người Mỹ đầu bạch kim, hay neo-nazi đầu trọc vì học đây :|

Ý Nam là học lên PhD ở cùng một trường hay là học undergrad ở HAS rồi sang PhD ở HNS :))

p.s.: nghiên cứu cái gì ở mấy cái trường đấy mà lên đc PhD nhỉ @-)

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Một ngành là Nga học(Nga-hô-lô-gy), một ngành là Anh học(Anh-hô-lô-gy). Nghiên cứu các đặc điểm về vị trí địa lý, sắc tộc, màu da, văn hóa, con người

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Yeah, I'm wondering where the school is:-??
in the next 3, 3.5, or 4 years, the school is going to be located in Pennsylvania area (NJ included. however, it'll most likely be at Bryn Mawr College). a major number of classes will be hosted in my personal room. nonetheless, frequent field trips are part of the curriculum.

Well, subsidy might be available.:-? With such a vague policy (it doesn't mention which kind of students is eligible for), you will never get money unless u're in very very special situation. ;))
subsidy is both need-based and merit-based in a loose scale. I will irregularly share shopping or fuel cost. housing, if applicable (meaning we share apartment), will definitely be subsidized fairly.
every student is eligible to apply for subsidy. it is NOT a scholarship.

Ý Nam là học lên PhD ở cùng một trường hay là học undergrad ở HAS rồi sang PhD ở HNS :))
there's no such passage. an applicant under that situation will definitely be disqualified. HNS does not take students graduating from other well-known schools that have a relationship of any kind with HNS (meaning if you graduate from HAC or GBS (Galaxy Buttercup's School) or similar, you cannot apply to HNS at all).

p.s.: nghiên cứu cái gì ở mấy cái trường đấy mà lên đc PhD nhỉ @-)
I highly recommend gender studies and sexology. sociology and psychology are great options, too. in addition, the Arts department of HNS is very strong as well.

chị ơi, em muốn apply, nộp hồ sơ theo địa chỉ nào ạ :D;;) ;;) ;;)
HNS accept both paper and electronic application. you may send it through email to " hiennga2010 [at] gmail [dot] com " or by post to "Nga Nguyen - 39 School Street, Ashburnham, MA 01430" (this address is to be changed by the end of May, 2008)

Hm... thật là đáng nghi :-? Khi kiểm tra xem một trường có thật sự chất lượng hay không thì mọi người phải đặt những câu hỏi như thế này:
- Tỉ lệ sinh viên giáo sư?
- Mức độ accessibility của giáo sư
- Giáo sư hướng dẫn trực tiếp hay gián tiếp qua trợ giảng?

-student/professor ratio at HNS is generally one-on-one-at-a-time, unless the class is about team work skill. student(s) may decide how many people in a group, and choose their team mate(s).

-prof is generally available at least 25 days a month (please note that at a traditional school you go to school less than 22 days a month), including night time and weekends (nghe như plan điện thoại nhờ =))). prof is accessible in office location. in addition, you may also occasionally meet with prof during her off-campus business trips.

- at this point, the syllabus designed for HNS does not require a TA. prof is responsible for the student(s)' academic progress.

Gender studies,sexology. sociology and psychology ... :-? common,those sh!ts require hell lot of reading and writing. I need some Engineering , does HNS offer courses with plug-in , plug-out experiments?

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
HNS và HAS có thể không phải là trường chú trọng vào mấy môn khoa học tự nhiên anh ạ, nên có thể không có Engineering. Nhưng tớ cũng xin đặt câu hỏi. 2 môn đầu mà anh Phương kể thì có lab không? Học phải đi đôi với hành chứ.

Tâm Phương đang học EE à :D.
Có nhiều trường thì nếu đóng full thường có advantage khi apply. Ko hiểu HAS ra sao :D

-student/professor ratio at HNS is generally one-on-one-at-a-time, unless the class is about team work skill. student(s) may decide how many people in a group, and choose their team mate(s).

-prof is generally available at least 25 days a month (please note that at a traditional school you go to school less than 22 days a month), including night time and weekends (nghe như plan điện thoại nhờ =))). prof is accessible in office location. in addition, you may also occasionally meet with prof during her off-campus business trips.

- at this point, the syllabus designed for HNS does not require a TA. prof is responsible for the student(s)' academic progress.

application Form is available yet??? ;))

Tâm Phương đang học EE à .
Có nhiều trường thì nếu đóng full thường có advantage khi apply. Ko hiểu HAS ra sao

Như thế ạ :"> Nhưng mọi người cứ app HNS trc, học xong 4 năm app HAS cũng chưa muộn ạ;)) em có cả graduate :">

HAC là college with a small post grad department à? nhưng mà HA plan 25 tuổi finalized rồi mà còn để học sinh đi lang thang ở trường khác sao :)) proper training at HNS can be very lengthened. it's not limited in 4 years. not to mention students will have a long break in the year of 2010 since I'm planning on some studying abroad :D

@Mai: HNS đánh giá cao sự sáng tạo của học sinh, nên em feel free to create your own application form nhé :p

@Phương, Nam: jeez I'm to the point I have no basic idea about EE to tán phét tiếp :D I would say that if you consider lab works something similar to EE then it might be. all those four courses absolutely include lab hours and researches (you may choose to do lab + research or not. no lab/research is ok).

what makes HNS's social sciences courses special is that we don't have an intense reading and writing programs (even though reading is strongly encouraged, and you have small writing assignments as mentioned before). we prefer more labs.

@especially to anh Phương: by describing already that much about HNS curriculum in previous posts, I don't think it's necessary to specifically identify each activity like plugging in or plugging out, screwing or piping. btw, what happened to your VA account?

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
2 môn đầu mà anh Phương nói là Sexology và Gender studies cơ mà, sao ai cũng hiểu lầm ý tớ thế nhỉ :)

thì tớ hiểu đúng thế, và đã trả lời là môn nào trường HNS cũng có lab, và khuyến khích thực hành nhiều hơn nghe giảng còn gì :-/

Back
Bên trên