tâm sự của tôi

Kiều Phương
(xylove_ml)

“There’s someone out there for anybody” I thought this maxim was a lie, a simple lie to fool people or comfort people. Looking at myself, no crush, no rush, no friends, no companions, I was an island in the middle of People Ocean. Twelve out of thirteen school years are sad school years. It seems to be hopeless to wait for the day, the day I have a girlfriend, I still can’t believe I’m qualified to have that happiness.
Rewind back about one year and around three hundred and fifty days ago, the days that I was still in the process of getting adjusted to the American life, getting used to the Internet, wandering around on the Internet. My computer was a hyper-train which brought me to the new world, the world I’m sunk in up until now. I joined a little forum (that’s a virtual board where people can post anything they want) and I became moderator of Software & Computer Support Category. She was one of the members. She used the computer as much as I do. She loves music as much as I do, especially English music. “NRG_FAN”. Would anybody think this nickname’s owner is a pretty, cute girl? Well, I didn’t. And the mess of using “she” or “he” in dialogs and conversation, the computer problems led us to the talking, getting know of each other. I don’t know who started it. We chatted, and she invites me her web cam, I bought my web cam also to let her sees me. Seeing her smile always give me the feeling of a sudden warmth of the sun after the rain.
Chatting online is just words, and it’s easy to be bored. That’s why voice chat was developed, and Internet fans like us would not ignore it. We passed to each other songs that we love. We also sing to each other. I didn’t know why she asked me to sing “Soledad” and “My Love” to her. She’d love to sing it herself, I’m sure. But she was too shy to do it out in the crowd. I have the upper hand, I could shout as loud as I wanted because nobody was home. I didn’t know if she put me on speakers or not, but she told me the whole Internet hall was giving me compliments. We also have time to whisper to each other. And everytime there was silence, somebody would speak up to wake the other up. She used to ask back “What should I say?”. It was a joke when I suggested “I love you”. Properly “charmless” would be what I get as compliment after such suggestion. But she was different. “If I say “I love you”, you’ll have to say “I love you, too””. That voice was a signal light of the rescue boat coming to my island.
Still, neither of us mentioned about couples stuff. I’m afraid to be a loser as always and she was shy to ask (properly). When the Chinese New Year came, she jokingly asked me a phone call on the New Years’ Eve, but who knew she was kidding? Until she was speechless on the phone, too surprise or too happy, I still don’t know. And Valentine’s Day, the lover’s day come after that. Valentine, thanks to whoever thought about this event. In the last few minutes of the lover’s day, a question came out from me, and a “Yes” answer came back from her.
Don’t laugh like a tickled monkey when this fact is written. We have never actual met each other face to face. But we do anything we can, to be as an actual-met couple do. We’re true to each other, that’s more than enough to me. There were many little stories, talking about the problem “Should we trust a online love or not?”. She and I wouldn’t be an exception either. But we have something to comfort each other. She put up the idea of hundreds days first, and that came her part. I promised her that until she dumps me, I wouldn’t have any other girl or say goodbye first. We all know something of each other as a guarantee, friends of hers are also mine, and mine are also hers. Nobody would cheat on the other. We both dream of someday we’ll see each other, someday we can get rid of the name “online love.”

Back
Bên trên