3FT Hon BA , 4SW Hon BA , 3FT Hon BSc , 4SW Hon BSc , HND ???

Trần Bích Thủy
(candy_honey)

Điều hành viên
.. who can give me some differences among these courses in university ??? 3FT Hon BA , 3FT Hon BSc , 4SW Hon BA ., 4SW Hon BSc , HND ??? which is the best ?? which is the most popular ??? .. :-? .. :| ..

thanks in advance !

What are 3FT, 4SW and HND? They sound like those football positions then. :)). Can you plz explain what these things stand for? Thanks very much. Hope after this I can give you a few replies :D

Haha, you dun need to explain anymore, i got what they mean already :))
Actually, last year i chose 2 sandwiches, 2 HNDs, 2 full-times with a year abroad. I think this decision is up to you. It's not too tough to decide because basically you can change your option after the first 2 years. So dun need to worry about them at this time. Your jobs rite now are to decide what you will pursue in future and which schools will you apply for.
Good luck

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
I asked for which is the best one .. ;) .. :| .. I dont want to change and change .. :( ... just explain to me what is the difference and which is the best one to process , plz .. :) .. thanks in advance !

... BA and BSc ??? what is the differnce ??? :((

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Your question are funny, I dun even know how to explain (isn't it bad?). Ok then, my best attempt can be:
BA is Bachelor of Art, and you do art things you will get it, probably sth like Econs also goes for BA.
BSc is Bachelor of Science then you know what you have to do to get it rite (Social sience and science which is Bio, Maths, chem physics). Again, Econs sts also graduate with for BSc (This will totally depend on how the course is set uo by the school)
We cant say which one is better because it fcuking totally (sorry to be rude) depends on your choice. Er... one more thing to say, you can do an BA and then go for an MSc, it doesnt matter at all.
Actually, I hoped you understood what you had written down, but it turns out to be not rite.
Ok, roughly explain from Ucas:
FT means full time course
SW means sandwich course
HND is more about practical course
IMO, i think HND is really good for BEng and MEng courses. Full time courses totally depend on what you will study. Sandwich courses are such very good ideas. I chose my sandwhich course between a year study abroad and taking Management at the last year of my University. However, you have plenty of options to choose; therefore you need to decide which kinds of courses you wanna take. That will be very hard for me to tell.
Probably, i think you havent done enough research about these university things... Perhaps, you will feel fun to surf around with www.ucas.com or www.timesonline.co.uk, then your questions will be more valuable

i dont understand what you said : "I chose my sandwhich course between a year study abroad and taking Management at the last year of my University"... :| ..:( ..
... do you know which one is popular for students when going to university .. and which has better qualifications than any .. :) ..
anyway , thanks for answering my questions .. :) ...

P/S : If I have any mistakes when writting , please tell me ! cheers ! .. :)

By the way, can I ask student in UK some questions? How long does it last to finish a B.A Degree in UK? ( 3 years, 4 years or 5 years)?

If I want to apply for a Master Degree in UK, What are pre-conditions ? Do I have to finish an Honor Degree to apply for Master or only Bachelor is enough ?

To Thuy: Er... it means I have an alternative choice. If I dont want to do my year Abroad with my major which is chemical Engineering, I can choose to take Management course in my last year as a minor and still keep studying Chemical Engineering to finish my master.
The sandwich course is preferable I think. However, many other Vnese students just want to focus on their majors only, therefore it's very hard to tell. By the way, there is no different between qualities of degrees whatsoever you take a sandwich course instead of a full - time course.

To sis Hien: You must finish your Honor Degree at a University to apply for Master degree. The Bachelor Degree is only 3 years in England, and the Master can be one or two years or may be more. This depends on which course you are applying to. If you apply to Engnieering course, they usuallt set up a 4 years course for you to finish you bachelor and master without a break. However, the requirement of this course will be very much higher than the one of Bachelor course only.
I don't know much about the pre-conditions that you need to prepare before taking a master degree. This actually depends very much on how you do well in your bachelor degree. FYI, i think you should contact the University that you want to apply to.

Chỉnh sửa lần cuối:
Er, btw the sandwhich course can take a longer time than a full time course, therefore, you may also pay attention on how much money your family can afford for it. GOod luck then

to bro Hieu : .. Er , according to what you said , so 3FT Hon BA í the same with 3FT Hon BSc ??? right ??? .. :( ...

Trời, sao em Thủy tìm được mấy cái course hay quá mà mình chưa bao giờ nghe cả, haizzz
Thiệt ra chuyện chọn lựa này em đã cần phải lo đâu, nó dựa vào nhiều yếu tố lắm, tùy là em thích học trường nào, ngành gì mà ,

To Thuy: they can never be the same, mate. BSc is only for science majors and some other social science majors. BA is for Art majors, most social science majors. Therefore, they're obviously not the same. But they are equal in degree

Fdg: foundation degree group (ko biết là cái gì)
Fda: Foundation degree arts

2 Cái này anh search trên google chẳng biết đúng ko em ạ. EM thử lên hỏi counsellor xem. :D

Đàm Minh Hiếu đã viết:
To Thuy: they can never be the same, mate. BSc is only for science majors and some other social science majors. BA is for Art majors, most social science majors. Therefore, they're obviously not the same. But they are equal in degree
anh ơi ..:( ... thế tỏng BA và BSc thì nên học cái nào ??? .. :| ... hay là học cái nào cũng được hết ..:| .. :| .. thế còn HND thì có được kô anh ??? vì cái HND có 2 năm thôi ..:D:D:p

to anh Hưng : .. thế này này .. bây h em đang phân vân không biết nên học tiếp BTECs hay chuyển sang A-level .. thế nên phải xác định trước vài trường đại học muốn vào trong tương lai .. xòn rồi viết thư hỏi nó xem nên học khóa nào để dễ apply vào trường của nó và được financial aid ???? .. :| >. đấy ..:( .. vì thế mà em mới phải hỏi mấy cái đấy .. :( ...

To Thủy: anh nghĩ em nên chọn BA hoặc BSc ( Cái HND này anh tưởng no chỉ offer như là một cái course thôi chứ, học trọng tâm về manufacture hoặc industry 2 năm cuối mà). Còn về việc chọn BA với BSc..cái này là tùy ngành của em, nhưng như anh nói 2 cái này là equal về degree thế nên em học cái nào cũng ko ảnh hưởng lắm. Với cả nhiều trường offer buồn cuời lắm ví dụ em học Business+ Maths ở trường này cho em BA nhưng có trường khác cho BSc. Cái này tùy vào sự phân bố của trường em ạ.
Còn vụ BTEC với A-level, anh nghĩ em nếu chuyển được sang A-level thì chắc ăn hơn. EM đang ở anh, việc xin học bổng học A-level tiếp cũng dễ hơn, em có thể liên lạc với các trường như CTC, Abbey, Bellerbys. Em trình bày cụ thể hoàn cảnh với người ta, rồi đưa thêm thành tích của em, trình độ TA, làm bài kiểm tra của họ nữa. Anh nghĩ chance em được học bổng khá nhiều. À em có thể bảo thêm trường em đang học là có co recs được ko, như thế cũng có lợi hơn (nhưng cái recs phải tốt nha). Theo anh, như thế em rất có nhiều khả năng được finaid hoặc Scholarship. À quên, nhưng nếu em vẫn muốn học BTEC thì anh nghĩ cũng ko sao, vì sau khi nói chuyện với ông tutor của anh ở bên Anh. Ông ý bảo cái đấy cũng được, mà như em nói nó rất phù hợp với ngành của em, em có thể có lợi thế khi nhận vào đại học
Gud luck em nhá :D

... trước tiên là rất cảm ơn anh ..:* .. :D .:p ..
.. công nhận ngành em xin vào đại học theo em nghĩ là phải rất có lợi thế , ngoài ra nếu trình độ tốt chả cần vào đại học , học xong 2 năm có thể đi làm luôn được ..:| ??? ( mấy ông bà tutor với counsellor của em cũng nói thế ..:| ) .. nhưng mà không hiểu tại sao trường đại học nó vẫn prefer cái A-level .. X( .. damn .. ! .. /:) ...
.. thứ 2 là em chỉ sợ học cái này .. tới phần 3D thì em bó tay thôi ..:(( ..:( .. em nhìn 1 tác phẩm của bọn khóa trước .. nó thiết kế hẳn cái xe máy rõ sành điệu ..:(( .. mà em nhìn thì có vẻ em còn chưa đủ trình độ làm cái bánh xe ..:biggrin: .. :( ..:( .. mệt phết đấy .. :( ..

mà resc là gì anh ơi ..:D:D: .. :| ...

Ờ, recs là recommendations của tutors em ạ. Anh nghĩ chẳng sao đâu, nếu em thích cái đấy học cũng được. A-level thì đúng là thông dụng hơn. Anh cũng ko biết cái BTEC của em nhìu lắm ngoài thông tin của em với của ông tutor anh là hết rồi. Anh nghĩ là em thử chọn vài trường Unis rồi trình bày hoàn cảnh của em cho nó xem. Nói là cái này với cái A-level thì tao có nên chuyển sang A-level ko. Anh nghĩ em sẽ được nhiều thông tin thú vị từ bọn Admission đấy :D

.. /:) .. em đã thử gửi thư hỏi Lancaster rồi mà tới bây h nó vẫn chưa respond gì hết .. /:) .. :( .. phải chạy hỏi them vài cái nữa vậy ..:( .. hay anh Hiếu chạy hỏi giúp em 1 nửa nhỉ .. :)) ..:D:D :p ..

Nguyễn Thu Hiền đã viết:
If I want to apply for a Master Degree in UK, What are pre-conditions ? Do I have to finish an Honor Degree to apply for Master or only Bachelor is enough ?

The required qualifications for admission to the MSc/MA depends on what course you are applying for. For e.g.:
MSc Finance: You will need a degree in finance and/or accounting, economics, maths or a related discipline.
MSc International relations: You will need a degree in International Relations or a related discipline, e.g. History or Politics.

Universities sometimes take on students who dont have an educational background in a particular discipline (it would be a 2-year course I guess) but the fact that you dont have backgrounds in relevant subjects is a disadvantage.

Besides, GMAT/GRE is required for those who dont study undergrad in the UK. IELTS/TOEFL certificate is also a must if your first language is not English.

Hope it helps :)

Back
Bên trên