VYEP - Vietnamese Youth Empowerment Program 2009!!!

Nguyễn Quỳnh Lan
(Nguyễn Quỳnh Lan)

VYEP - VIETNAMESE YOUTH EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM!

Hi everyone,
I am Lan Nguyen, A1 05-08. I'm currently a student at Saint Anselm College, class of 2012. I'm so glad to see more and more leadership camps these days that help Vietnamese students enhance soft skills they don't have the opportunity to learn at school. Leadership camps have become popular, especially in summer. This year, I'd like to introduce a new leadership program for you, VYEP camp.

I know all of you are looking for some activities to make this summer more meaningful. And what is better than spending your summer teaching English for teenagers, making friends with British students from top universities like Oxford and Cambridge, and most importantly enjoying yourselves with people your age?

If that's what you want to do, VYEP - Vietnamese Youth Empowerment Program - is for you.

1. What is VYEP?
Breaking Free, Heat the Spirits, YCEP summer camps, etc…those names have been very familiar with thousands of high school students in Hanoi. For three years V-YEP has been hosting more than 10 youth camp projects, including English summer camps for teenager and charity camps. V-YEP (Vietnamese Youth Empowerment Program), as a non-profit organization, serves to empower the young generations of Vietnam through various forms of educational projects. And most importantly, we are here not only to bring the smiles, boost the confidence and creativity of Vietnamese teenagers but also to unleash the potential of Vietnamese young leaders by making them a part of our projects and experience.

2. How can you participate in this program?
We are looking for 12 teaching assistants who possess leadership skills and want to contribute to the society. The teaching assistants will work with British teachers to help them better communicate with students in class. Moreover, teaching assistants will lead extracurricular activities outside of class, inspire creativity in students, help students build higher sense of self-esteem and confidence. Teaching assistants, therefore, have played a critical roles in the success of YGCP camps in the last 3 years.

This year, we would like to bring the opportunity of becoming an YGCP camp teaching assistant to all high school/university students who are 17-22 years old. In order to improve the education quality of YGCP camp, teaching assistants this year will have to go through a training program called 3PRO.

3. 3PRO Training Program.
The program consists of 2 main parts, the 3PRO workshop and the summer camp project. We will select 12 candidates. Selected candidates will have a chance to participate in a 2-4 days training workshop and orientation, uniquely designed to meet the 3PRO goals – proactive volunteer, productive facilitator and professional leadership.

3PRO workshop, with its interactive environment, group study and intriguing discussions-based model, will provide the best tools for our candidates to be successful in the summer camp project as well as future projects. Summer camp project will bring the best out of each individual as he/she takes the lead to organize a fun, fresh and useful summer playground for more than a hundred high school teenagers. 3PRO is promisingly a once in a lifetime, memorable experience for those who are going to be a part of it.

If you are interested in social work, working among many Vietnamese youngster and in a youthfully innovative spirit, don’t hesitate to apply for the program.

4. How to apply for the program?
Applicants should complete our online application form and send us their personal resumes and two photos. The electronic application form is available on our website. To download it now, please click here:

http://www.vyep.org

Resumes and photos should be sent to us via [email protected]. Please make sure you provide your basic information (name, age, phone number, etc) in your email.

All applicants must submit their full application package by May 5th, 2009.

You can go to our website to learn more about our past camps and our project this year.

http://www.vyep.org

If you have any question relating to the program or YGCP camp, don't hesitate to contact me - PR director assistant, executive board member:
Email: [email protected]
I'll be willing to answer all of your questions.

Lan Nguyen

Back
Bên trên