A perfect heart (should it be in story section?)

Đậu Diễm Phương
(send2phuong)

A perfect heart.

One day in the world, a young man claims for his most perfect heart. It is such a youthful and new heart ever, a very perfect one. He is so proud of it. He takes care it carefully in the craddle of his thorax. He doesn't want it to catch a wind, to sense the smell of the atmosphere (what if the smell is not from a beautiful flower), to hear the sounds of the world (what if the sounds is not from an elegant bird). Therefore, he limits his heart's sense. Every one admires his perfect heart.

One day in the world, an old ugly woman claims her heart is more beautiful than his. It is such an old and ugly heart ever, as same as the woman. However, she is so proud of it. She lets it dance freely in the craddle of her thorax. It can dance friecely if a wild wind crosses hêr, it listens to all of sounds in the world (they can be from happy laughing, or agonizing crying). Therefore, her heart has a free stage to dance to its rhythm which it is touched by. Her heart is full of scars and wrinkled as the old face of the woman. Every one thinks it is truth ugly heart.

The young man says it is imposible. His heart doesn't have any scar.

The old woman points to each of her scars on her heart ánd says:

"This first one because I cried when leaving my parents to go to live with my new husband. The second one I cried when giving birth to my first child. The third one I cried when my child first did not listen to my advice... This new scar, I cry when my husband dies."

The young man drops his frist tear. An old lady with ugly wrinkles has such a touching story. Every scar on her heart symbolizes for each of her moment of sadness or superhappiness. All of them âre beautiful and lively.

Since he realizes that his heart is not the most perfect, he has his frist scar. The disappointed feeling mixed with the touched tear drops create it. He hasn't not understood the world and experienced the life. He cannot evaluate his heart in that immense galaxy. A new line is written is his pages, saving all of his memories--his pleasure ánd his failure.

AROUND THE STORY:
How many time do your heart get touching? How many scars do you have?

It is very simple answer for those question that my friend wonder about. I say to my friend that there is no perfect heart, and your heart is beautiful. It doesn't matter if I experience life more than yours, if my heart get more scars than yours, then my heart is prettier. It doesn't matter if I can write poem smoothly, then I have more emotional heart and know how to express it better than you. Every scar on your heart should be admired. Your heart is beautiful the way your life is because people have different lifes.

My mom said life is generally beautiful. If you look at it with a delighted heart, life is happy in everyway. If you are sad, life is ugly in everyway.

Therefore, open your heart to welcome the world. If you feel lonely, think again. There is still some one around you.

I write this story based on my memory 4 years ago. When I was at tenth grade,I went to a book store in VN to find a present for my friend's birthday. I was a lazy reader, so I picked up those short book and catching this short story. Today, I am in USA. While chatting with my friend, he suddenly makes me remember it. I post it in a hurried memory and a draft translation. In the text, I use repeated structure of essa to make it kind of tale stories. My writing has limit but I hope people enjoy my story.

(For my friend--Toan--don't be so depressed).

Back
Bên trên